History of Saunoris Garden Centers:
Serving your growing needs for over 70 years
Jim and Sophie Saunoris opened a small flower shop in 1941 that was located in Chicago Ridge on the corner of 111th and Austin.
Jim and Sophie worked the business with the help of their three sons: Jim, Lester, and Ron Saunoris.
Originally, our business was dedicated to serving visitors to the large local cemeteries with flowers and other grave decorations.
This small flower shop became successful and soon evolved into a full service garden center.
In 1961, we expanded our product selection to include all aspects of lawn and garden care.
At this point, we also added more greenhouse area to control the quality of our plants.
Due to the success of our first location, a larger facility was constructed in 1971 at 196th and Harlem Ave, which is now considered Frankfort.
This expansion allowed us to be able to serve a broader range of our customers' gardening needs by the addition of a stone yard and nursery.
Saunoris Garden Center is a family owned and operated business in which is currently in the family's 4th generation including
grandsons and great grandsons working between the two establishments.
Saunoris is committed to bringing quality and excellent service to our customers as we have for the past 70 years.